WVDEP’s REAP Holding Tire Collections in May
CHARLESTON, W.Va. – The West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s (WVDEP) Rehabilitation Environmental Action Plan (REAP) is holding ten tire collections across the state in May.
• Wayne Co.– Saturday, May 6, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wayne County SWA Recycling Center on Bluefield Street in Wayne.
• Wyoming Co. – Wednesday, May 10, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the old DOH garage in Rock View on Rt. 10.
• Calhoun Co.– Saturday, May 13, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Calhoun County SWA at Cabot Station on Rt. 5 in Grantsville.
• Taylor Co. – Saturday, May 13, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Taylor County Fairgrounds off Route 50 west of Pruntytown.
• Fayette Co. – Tuesday, May 16, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Fayetteville Walmart on Rt. 19.
• Boone Co. – Saturday, May 20, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at John Slack Park on Route 3 in Racine.
• Jackson Co. – Saturday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in Ripley.
• Marshall Co. – Saturday, May 20, from 8 a.m. to 2p.m. at Monarch Football Stadium in Moundsville off Route 2 across from McDonalds.
• Mason Co. – Saturday, May 20, from 9 a.m.to 3 p.m. at Point Pleasant High School.
• Nicholas Co. – Wednesday, May 31, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Summersville Walmart on Rt. 19.
Residents may dispose of up to 10 tires per person with a valid West Virginia ID for the county in which the tire collection event is being held. The tires must be off the rims. Only car and light truck tires, 16-inches or less, will be accepted. Haulers and businesses are not allowed to participate.
This tire collection is made possible, in part, through REAP, which brings together all of the state’s cleanup programs to maximize West Virginia’s cleanup efforts.