Frac Water Reporting Form
PETROLEUM COMPANY USE ONLY
Other large quantity users complete annual certification forms
If you used more than 300,000 gallons of water to hydrofrac a well, you must report your water use to the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection. It does not matter what formation you were fracing, just that you used more than 300,000 gallons of water in the well. To make the reporting process as easy as possible, we suggest you follow these steps:
- Carefully read these instructions, noting the types of information you will be required to enter.
- This instruction manual should be printed in order to assemble the information before beginning the reporting process. If you have to stop mid-entry, a save function has been provided as explained in this instruction manual, failure to follow these instructions will result in loss of the previously entered information.
- Obtain a user ID and password from the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s Water Use Section. Contact information is given at the end of these instructions. Blank screen shots are avialable on the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection’s Water Use Section home page.
- Only one user ID will be given to each company. If different people enter data, they must all use the same user ID and password. Two users from the same company may not use the site at the same time.
- For purposes of this report, flowback frac water is defined as being either 50 percent of the original injected water, or the water recovered during the first 30 days of flowback, whichever comes first.
The following documents are provided to assist you in entering your data. These documents are in Adobe PDF format. To view a document in Adobe PDF format, you may first need to download a free copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Return to Water Use Section Home Page