Third Party Data Guidelines

The DEP's Watershed Assessment Branch is requesting water quality data for a five-year period between July 1, 2012 though June 30, 2017. The data is evaluated to assist with the completion of West Virginia's 303(d) and 305(b) reports.

October 27, 2017 is the deadline for submissions.

Guidelines for Submitting Data to Watershed Branch
Every two years, the West Virginia DEP solicits water quality data from various local, state, federal, public and private entities for evaluation in helping complete the 303(d) and 305(b) reports. The 303(d) report is a list of waters not meeting water quality standards. The 305(b) list is a report of a general assessment of state waters. The document below explains what is needed in order to submit data. Please make sure to review all parts of the document and include Contact Information in case DEP personnel need to follow up with any questions, as well as Sample Location and Other Sample Information required in order for the sample to considered for a water body.

Third Party Guidelines (Word Document)
U.S. EPA QA/QC guidelines (link to PDF)
2018 Notice to Papers

How and who to submit data to at DEP:
Please review the Third Party Guidelines document on how to submit the data.
Data may be submitted to or
Data may submitted via U.S. Mail to:

DWWM: Attn: Steve Young, WQD
601 57th Street, S.E.
Charleston, WV 25304

Privacy, Security and Accessibility | | | © 2017 State of West Virginia