- Measurable improvement in the chemical, physical or biological integrity of the stream, river or other water body.
- The number of developed plans for erosion and sediment control, nutrient management, pesticide management, etc.
- Photographs or videos to document improvements
- Number of BMPs installed.
- The number of presentations, workshops, trained individuals, etc.
- Improvements in fisheries.
In accordance with 40 CFR 30.54 and 31.45, the recipient must develop and implement quality assurance and quality control procedures, specifications and documentation that are sufficient to produce data of adequate quality to meet project objectives. The Quality Assurance Project Plan (QAPP) should be prepared in accordance with EPA QA/R-5: EPA Requirements for Quality Assurance Project Plans. The QAPP must be submitted to the WVDEP’s Nonpoint Source Coordinator at least 60 days prior to the initiation of data collection or data compilation. It must be approved by WVDEP's NPS Program and the USEPA.
Note: Impaired streams can be removed from the 303(d) list if the data shows water quality standards have been achieved. However, additional steps are needed to ensure de-listing. CLICK-HERE to learn more.